The GSC Library is an information hub that assists students in the development of skills required for life-long learning.
Provide access to information and resources which support the school curriculum.
Help develop students to enjoy reading and learning. Assist students to learn skills for evaluating and using information regardless of format or medium.
Provide access to information in the wider community and throughout the world.
Provide activities that encourage cultural and social awareness and sensitivity.
Provide and maintain a learning environment which enables students to pursue their academic goals and personal interests.
- School wide access to the Library catalogue (Oliver v5).
- eBooks and Audiobooks via Overdrive (accessible through the Library catalogue).
- Learning environment for research, study and recreation.
- Computer technology giving access to the school network and the Internet.
- Loaning of resources for all members of the school community.
- Library staff assistance for all aspects of Library usage.
- Promotion of school and community events.
- Emphasis on improving student’s literacy skills through their participation in events such as the Premier’s Reading Challenge, school wide reading and book promotion activities.
- Lunchtime activities to promote learning and development of skills and sharing knowledge with others.
8.15am – 4.00pm Mon to Fri
Open for borrowing/returning library books at morning recess
Georgia Milburn – Library Manager
Livinia Natoli – Library Assistant