Careers and Pathways Service
Our well-established Careers and Pathways service aims to provide students and parents/carers with all the latest information that will help make decisions about future career and life beyond school. Through the specialised Careers Tools website you can locate University, TAFE and any other type of course across Australia, get information about the VCE, search for job vacancies and much more.
The Careers and Pathways service also aims to assist all Year 7 to 12 students to further develop their Employability skills and Career pathways, with an opportunity to undertake Work Experience, Leadership Workshops; Industry & University/TAFE Tours; Voluntary & Cadetship programs; Vocational Career Testing; Job Interview training and the like.
Head Start is a pathway allowing students to undertake a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship whilst also progressing towards the completion of their Year 12 qualification
- Students can do this through the VCE VM or VCE program
- Time within the workplace and training can increase each year in order to support significant progression through the apprenticeship or traineeship
- Students will be required to attend Tafe/trade school
- Students will receive an individualised program and timetable
The Head Start Coordinator’s role is to:
- Identify students and have initial conversations with the student, school and families
- Case manage each participant to ensure they are progressing well
- Assist students and families to identify suitable employers
- Support all parties involved in the SBAT process
If you would like more information about Head Start please contact the Head Start Coordinator on the details below. The HEAD START Coordinator in the Macedon Ranges is:
Ph: 0460 333 414